Let’s get this out of the way:
- Yes we call it a marriage (even though legally it is called a civil union).
- No we didn’t want to wait for the people of Australia to decide how we should be allowed to celebrate our love.
When we were first engaged we decided to get married on our own time, why let something that is supposed to be about us and our love be controlled by the right wing government and the rest of the country? Anyone who loves us, and anyone who matters knows that it is a marriage and we do too.
The day went perfectly, if a little too warm (but not at all rainy thank god), and everyone looked beautiful- here are some highlights:
- Me almost falling up the stairs when I walked down the aisle
- Me not crying because I’m made of stone
- Connor and Mel singing beautifully while we did “the walk”
- Our bridesmaids all looking hot af
- The photos looking amazing (thanks Michael Noon Photography!)
- Everyone having a good time
- Our first dance malfunctioning, and having our emcee (Shaun King) sing for us while it was fixed up
- The cake which was made by my talented ma
- The bar tab lasting through the night
- Literally the whole day was a highlight idk what else to say
I (we?) want to thank every single person who came, wanted to come, thought of us, and partied with us on the day, your presence made the day so special and so full of love. We love every single one of you and wanted the night to go on for longer so we could have spent more time with you all. We can’t possibly express how much we appreciate everything that we were given, the moral support of everyone involved, the absolute angels we had for a bridal party, and the immense help and support of our families.
All photos credited to the absolute gem Michael Noon Photography